Anyway, I wanted a new car seat, but really, there was NO WAY I was going to buy a new one. I didn't NEED a new one, I was just tired of the way the old one looked. I was fairly certain I could recover it on my own but I've never attempted anything like that before, so when I saw Puking Pastilles Car Seat Cover Tutorial on sale for only $3.99 I figured I'd bite the bullet and give it a try.
Now, I've been horrible about taking "before" photos of stuff, so you'll just have to peel your eyes away from the cutie IN the car seat in the picture and get an idea what it looked like before.
and yes, if you look closely that plaid is purple. Ezekiel was born in the winter and we had one of those great bundle me things over it so you never saw it with him. Again, wasn't really anything wrong with it, I was just tired of it.
So, I bought some Michael Miller Groovy Guitar fabric and paired it with a black sheet in my sewing stash and came up with this.
The cover I could have easily done on my own, but once I got to the canopy I was more than happy to have spent those four bucks to have someone walk me through it. Made it SOOO much easier!
(and thanks mom for sewing the final bias tape on for me! ;)
and once I got this finished up and my littles were still sleeping I whipped up a matching Boppy cover with some more of Michael Miller's Groovy Guitar fabric and some minky I had stashed away. I looked at all the pre-made ones (ya know, Target, WM, etc) and they were just not my taste at all, so I made my own. Easy peasy! No pattern, just traced an old one and went to town. There is a velcro closure on the back and it's super soft. I love the way it turned out!
and THAT is what I was up to yesterday. ;) Hoping to get some more stuff finished up before next Thursday if my fabric comes in.