Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gratitude

Gratitude for so much.  Big and small.

Blessed.

I feel like God has been inundating me with reminders of all that He has bestowed on me.  Reminders to be grateful.  Reminders that  "I can only feel one feeling at a time, and I choose to give thanks at all times. Fight feeling with feeling!"

I'm studying Exodus in my current Kay Arthur bible study and let me tell you what, those Israelites can be convicting in their grumbling and ingratitude!  Moses and Aaron reminded the people that, "Your grumbling is not against us but against the Lord."  (Exodus 16:8)  I know that God is going to bring that verse to mind the next time I open my mouth to whine about something.  To complain about how good I've got it.  God has blessed me with the circumstances I'm in and I'm choosing to be grateful.  I'm choosing joy.

I've been inspired by Lindsay to start a notebook of gifts.  A journal of gratitude.  When a tiny thing I'm thankful for flits across my mind, I'll record it.  When a complaint or whiny attitude attacks me I'll chose to write something I'm grateful for instead.

Because really, Christ is saved me.  He's sanctifying me.  He's conforming me to His image.  Those are ALL reasons to have a heart overflowing with gratitude.

Now, I challenge you to join me, and Lindsay and Ann, and choose JOY through gratitude.

No comments: