Saturday, December 11, 2010

Real Life Friday...

posted on Saturday (due to circumstance beyond my control, but completely in HIS control.)



12.10 - The birthday of my dear sweet hubby.  We've had big plans ever since we learned that This was being released on that very same day!  Wasn't it nice of them to plan such a big celebration for him?

So, our plan for the day,
    morning - relax, hang out at home, play
    noon - FIL picks up the littlest and takes her home with him  (Kessa and 'Zekiel were just as excited about the movie as we were!)
    noon-thirty - stop for lunch on the way to movie
    afternoon - watch The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
    evening - dinner out and maybe some fun shopping

God's plan for our day,
   morning - relax, hang out at home, play
    noon - FIL picks up the littlest and takes her home with him  (Kessa and 'Zekiel were just as excited about the movie as we were!)
    noon-thirty - stop for lunch on the way to movie - here's where it started changing a bit...we ate at Taco Bell and as we were eating I though I was starting to get indigestion
   afternoon - the kids and hubs watch The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - I alternate between sitting, walking, trying to stretch across the stadium seating and finally end up in the car because I'm in a lot of pain
   4:00 - call my OB to ask about said pain (this is something I NEVER do.  I've been pregnant three times before and basically anything weird that happens, I chalk up to pregnancy)
   4:05 - OB nurse tells me to try Priolsec and be on a clear liquid diet for 24 hours
   4:07 - OB nurse calls me back because she thinks I may have been crying because of the pain (not confessing to this one, but it *may* be possible)  asks more questions, tells me to have someone take me to the ER
  4:09 - I call my SIL who has JUST arrived back from her honeymoon at Disney World and ask if she can get the kids so they don't have to go to the hospital with us.
  4:15 - hubby and kids emerge from movie and I give them the scoop "Happy Birthday Honey!!!"
  4:30 - amazing SIL and new BIL show up and take our over tired children away
  4:55 - as we pull into the ER parking lot..."Tim...it doesn't really hurt anymore"  (this after FOUR HOURS of severe pain!!)
  4:57-5:05 - Do we go anyway?  We DO live an hour away.  The nurse DID say to go.  But it doesn't still hurt!  ARGH!
  5:06 - Go into ER and explain the situation (being VERY clear to blame our appearance there on the nurse who told me to go!  lol)
 5:07 - 7:45 This was fabulous actually, because I'm pregnant I got sent up to Labor and Delivery instead of having to stay in the ER...and...added blessing, my OB was the doctor on call!    Anyway...after much poking and prodding and ultrasounding and so on and so for it was decreed that the pain had been caused by my gall bladder, however I didn't have any stones or other visual problems so I will *hopefully* be good to go as long as I stay on  a low fat diet.  
8:00 - go out to dinner with the hubs and then go home and crash into bed and sleep like a log until morning.  

The END.

No comments: